about us

Mission   |   Governing Law   |   Testing Requirements   |   Test Fees   |   Repair   |   Personnel   |   Facilities   |   Help


The fees associated with bus testing are dependent on the bus category/service life under which the vehicle will be tested. The time and fee schedule is included as Exhibit B in the contract for testing.

To help manufacturers implement the mandated bus testing, the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991 (ISTEA) provides federal funding to pay for 80% of the bus testing fee to the Altoona Bus Research and Testing Center, with the remaining 20% paid to the Center by the entity having the vehicle tested.